Message to U.S. Citizens
Bangalore Passport Services - May 5,7, and 8, 2014
Date : April 11, 2014
Dear U.S. Citizens:
The U.S. Consulate General in Chennai, India, will conduct off-site passport services for American citizens in Bangalore on the 05th,07th and 08th of May 2014. On these dates, a Consular Officer will be in Bangalore to accept applications for passport renewals for minors and first time adult passports . Services will be available by appointment only. Considering the popularity of previous sessions, appointments are likely to fill up quickly, so please send us your requests as early as possible.
Documentary and administrative requirements for passport applications may be found on the Consulate's internet homepage at http://chennai.usconsulate.gov/service.html. Please read the requirements carefully, as failure to bring all necessary documents may substantially delay the processing of your application. Please note that, due to the limited equipment and staff available at the off-site, certain additional restrictions will apply to applications submitted during off-site collection:
Services will be offered by appointment only.
- Please email your request to email@example.com along with your contact number. We will respond to your request within 5 business days. Appointments should be made in the name of the person(s) receiving the service and should specify all services being requested. Please note that this email address has been designated exclusively to accommodate these appointment requests. Continue to send all other inquiries/concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Due to security requirements, the location of the service will be provided with your appointment confirmation. Space is limited, so please arrive for your appointment no more than 15 minutes prior to your assigned time. You will not be allowed to enter prior to your appointment time.
- Payment must be made by demand draft only, in favor of the U.S. Consulate General and payable at Chennai. Please see the Consulate website for fee details: http://chennai.usconsulate.gov/service/appointments-and-contact-information/u.s.-citizen-services-fees.html
All passports are now returned via courier.
- You must bring a separate demand draft in favor of “First Flight Couriers LTD” for Rs. 350. The demand draft should be made payable at Chennai. Any variation from this will not be accepted by ‘First Flight Couriers LTD’. We cannot accept cash for this service.
Appointments will not be given to discuss visa issues. The officer will not be able to entertain appeals, document submissions or inquiries related to non-immigrant or immigrant visas.
Non-citizen parents of U.S. citizen children may, of course, make an appointment and appear at the appointment with their children.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
U.S. citizens with questions or concerns in this regard may contact us for further information.
American Citizens Services
U.S. Consulate General
220 Anna Salai, Chennai 600 006, India
United States Consulate General Chennai, India
Security Message for U.S. citizens:
Demonstrations Surrounding UNHRC Vote March 5, 2014
U.S. citizens in Tamil Nadu are advised of the possibility of spontaneous and planned demonstrations targeting commercial establishments with U.S. connections ahead of a vote on a U.S.-co-sponsored resolution on Sri Lanka at the UN Human Rights Council in Geneva in March.
Even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can turn violent. U.S. citizens are encouraged to avoid the areas where demonstrations are occurring and exercise caution if within the vicinity of any large gatherings.
U.S. citizens traveling and residing abroad should enroll in the Smart Travelers Enrollment Program (STEP). U.S. citizens without internet access may enroll directly at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate at their destination. By enrolling, U.S. citizens make it easier for the Embassy or Consulate to contact them in case of emergency.
Updated information on travel and security may be obtained from the Department of State by calling 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or, for callers outside the United States and Canada, a regular toll line at 1-202-501-4444. For further information, please consult the Worldwide Caution and other consular information, including Country Specific Information, for specific countries. These products and the latest international travel information for U.S. citizens are available on the Bureau of Consular Affairs website. Follow us on Twitter and the Bureau of Consular Affairs page on Facebook as well. You can also download our free Smart Traveler App, available through iTunes or Google Play to have travel information at your fingertips.
U.S. citizens with questions or concerns may contact the American Citizens Services Unit of the Embassy or the Consulates General for further information:
- The U.S. Embassy in New Delhi is located at Shanti Path, Chanakya Puri 110021; telephone +91-11-2419-8000; fax +91-11-2419-8587. For after-hours emergencies, please call the 24-hour operator at (+91-11) 2419-8000 and ask for American Citizen Services.
- The U.S. Consulate General in Mumbai (Bombay) is located at C-49, G-Block, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra East, Mumbai 400051Phone: (22) 2672-4000. For after-hours emergencies, please call the 24-hour operator at (+91-22) 2672-4000 and ask for American Citizens Services. If you are calling from within India, but outside Mumbai, first dial 022.
- The U.S. Consulate General in Chennai (Madras) is at 220 Anna Salai, Gemini Circle, 600006, telephone +91-44-2857-4000; fax +91-44-2811-2027. For after-hours emergencies, please call the 24-hour operator at (+91-44) 2857-4000 and ask for American Citizen Services. If you are calling from within India, but outside Chennai, first dial 044-.
- The U.S. Consulate General in Kolkata (Calcutta) is at 5/1 Ho Chi Minh Sarani, 700071; telephone +91-33-3984-2400; fax +91-33-2282-2335. For after-hours emergencies, please call our primary hotline cell phone (91) 99030 42956. If unable to reach the cell phone, please call (91) (33) 3984-2400 and dial "0" and ask for the Duty Officer.
- The U.S. Consulate General in Hyderabad is at Paigah Palace, 1-8-323, Chiran Fort Lane, Begumpet, Secunderabad 500 003; telephone: +91 (40) 4033-8300. For after-hours emergencies, please call the 24-hour operator at (+91-40) 4033-8300 and ask for American Citizen Services. If you are calling from within India, but outside Hyderabad, first dial 040-.
Archive of Previous Messages to U.S. Citizens
- Bangalore Passport Services - April 7, 8, 9 and 10, 2014 (March 24, 2014)
- Bangalore Passport Services - March 25, 26, and 27, 2014 (March 5, 2014)
- Bangalore Passport Services - March 3, 4 and 5, 2014 (February 10, 2014)
- Bangalore Passport Services - February 04, 05, 06 and 07, 2014 (January 07, 2014))
- Security Awareness December 23, 2013
- Demonstration Notice for U.S. Citizens: Demonstration Planned for the Anniversary of the Babri Masjid Demolition (December 6, 2013)
- Bangalore Passport Services - December 17, 18, 19 and 20, 2013 (November 25, 2013)
- Bangalore Passport Services - November 18, 19, 20, 21, and 22, 2013 (October 29 , 2013)
- Bangalore Passport Services - October 28, 29, 30, and 31, 2013 (October 24 , 2013)
- Bangalore Passport Services - October 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 24th, and 25th 2013 (September 23 , 2013)
- Bangalore Passport Services - September 26th , 27th 2013 (September 04 , 2013)
- Bangalore Passport Services - September 11th - 13th 2013 (August 16 , 2013)
- Bangalore Outreach - August 6, 7, and 8, 2013 (July 15 , 2013)
- Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Mass Walk Out Planned at Chennai Airport (June 19, 2013)
- Bangalore Outreach - July 9, 10, 11, and 12, 2013 (June 12, 2013)
- Karnataka Elections, through May 8, 2013 (April 17, 2013)
- Bangalore outreach - June 11, 12 and 13, 2013 (May 15, 2013)
- Bangalore Outreach - May 14, 15, 16 and 17, 2013 (April 04, 2013)
- Bangalore Outreach - March 19, 20 and 21, 2013 (February 19, 2013)
- Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Demonstrations Across Tamil Nadu (January 30, 2013)
- Bangalore Outreach - February 5, 6, 7, and 8, 2013 (January 8, 2013)
- Message for U.S. Citizens – Consul General’s Festive Greetings and Reminder about Personal Security during the Holidays (December 19, 2012)
- Bangalore Outreach - January 8, 9, and 10, 2013 (December 05, 2012)
- Bangalore Outreach - December 4, 5, and 6, 2012 (November 07, 2012)
- Emergency Message: Cyclone Warning (October 30, 2012)
- Bangalore Outreach - November 6, 7, and 8, 2012 (October 16, 2012)
- Voting Message (September 27, 2012)
- Bangalore Outreach - October 10, 11, & 12, 2012 (September 24, 2012)
- Security Message for U.S. Citizens – U.S. Consulate Chennai Closed September 17-19 (September 17, 2012)
- Possible Anti-American Demonstrations (September 14, 2012)
- Need to Mail Your Election Ballot to the U.S.? (September 10, 2012)
- Heightened Rail Security for Independence Day Celebrations in Karnataka (August 14, 2012)
- Bangalore Outreach - September 5, 6, & 7, 2012 (August 13, 2012)
- American Citizen Services Town Hall (July 20, 2012)
- Bangalore Outreach - August 7, 8 and 9, 2012 (July 13, 2012)
- Bangalore outreach - July 6th, 2012 (June 21, 2012)
- Bangalore Outreach - June 19th, 20th and 21st, 2012 (May 23, 2012)
- Foreign Service Officer Test (April 18, 2012)
- Bangalore outreach - May 16th, 17th and 18th, 2012 (April 17, 2012)
- Emergency Message for U.S. Citizens - Earthquake and Tsunami Alert for India (April 11, 2012)
- Bangalore Outreach - April 18, 19, and 20, 2012 (March 20, 2012)
- Bangalore Outreach - March 14, 15, and 16, 2012 (February 24, 2012)
- Digital Town Hall for U.S. Citizens (February 17 , 2012)
- Attack on Israeli Diplomatic Vehicle (February 13, 2012)
- Bangalore Outreach - February 15, 16, and 17, 2012 (January 19, 2012)
- Extension of Travel Alert for India (January 4, 2012)
- Tropical Cyclone Thane (December 28, 2011)
- Demonstration on the issue of the Mullai Periyar Dam (December 21, 2011)
- Bangalore Outreach - January 9, 10 2012 (December 20, 2011)
- Voting Message to US Citizens (December 13, 2011)
- Travel Alert: India (October 19, 2011)
- Chennai City Corporation Elections (October 17, 2011)
- November 2011 General Statewide Elections! (October 7, 2011)
- Travel Alert - India, Nepal, and Bhutan (September 24, 2011)
- Worldwide Caution (September 12, 2011)
- Foreign Service Officer Test for American Citizens (October 1, 2011)
- Worldwide Caution (July 26, 2011)
- Warden Message: Mumbai Bombings ( July 13, 2011 )
- Warden Message: May 13 Elections (May 12, 2011)
- Bangalore Outreach (May 11, 2011)
- World Wide Caution (May 2, 2011)
- Foreign Service Officer Test for American Citizens (April 25, 2011)
- Trivandrum Outreach ( May 6, 2011 )
- Warden Message: Possible Civil Unrest (April 24, 2011)
- Travel Alert - ICC Cricket World Cup: India, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka (February 18, 2011)
- World Wide Caution (February 1, 2011)
- Foreign Service Officer Test in Chennai (January 19, 2011)
- New CRBA Procedures (December 21, 2010)
- Varanasi Blast (December 7, 2010)
- Cyclone Warning (November 6, 2010)
- U.S. citizens encouraged to vote while overseas (October 6, 2010)
- Communal Tensions Possible Following Babri Masjid Verdict (September 23, 2010)
- Jammu and Kashmir Civil Unrest (September 14, 2010)
- Travel Alert - 2010 Commonwealth Games (September 7, 2010)
- American Citizen Services Introduces Courier Delivery of Passports (August 13, 2010)
- Security Update (August 9, 2010)
- Registering to Vote and Requesting Absentee Ballots (August 2, 2010)
- Fee Changes (July 08, 2010)
- India Security Update (April 21, 2010)
- Travel Alert (April 16, 2010)
- American Citizen Services launches Appointment System (April 5, 2010)
- Travel Alert (February 14, 2010)
- Travel Alert (January 29, 2010)
- Travel Alert (December 30, 3009)
- Update on Changes in Indian Visa Regulations (December 22, 2009)
- Update on Changes in Indian Tourist Visa Regulations (December 15, 2009)
- Potential Changes in Indian Tourist Visa Regulations
- Travel Alert (October 29, 2009)
- Travel Advisory (September 12, 2009)
- Travel Advisory (August 7, 2009)
- H1N1 Update Warden Message (June 19, 2009)
- High Threat from Terrorism throughout India (June 2, 2009)
- New airport Screening Measures (April 29, 2009)
- Warden Message Regarding Strike In Tamil Nadu (April 23, 2009)