Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation
Loss of green card

An LPR whose Form I-551 is lost, stolen, or expired may apply for a boarding foil at the consulate.

An applicant requesting a boarding foil to replace a Form I-551 that was lost or stolen must present a police report (if applicable and available) documenting when the Form I-551 was lost or stolen.

You may send an email to to seek an appointment.

You must present a passport, completed Form I-90 (available at, evidence of the most recent date of departure from the United states, a copy of your green card evidencing your legal permanent resident (LPR) status, and two recent passport-sized photographs.

We often need three to five business days in order to confirm an applicant’s LPR status with other offices.  All boarding foils issued by our office are valid for 30 days.