Messages to U.S. Citizens
Digital Town Hall for U.S. Citizens
Dear U.S. Citizens,
U.S. Consulate General Chennai invites you to take part in a digital town hall on personal security as well as a briefing on the upcoming elections and absentee voting. It is an opportunity to ask questions regarding any personal security concerns following the recent attack on the Israeli diplomatic vehicle in New Delhi and also get an update on how to register to vote in the elections in the United States this fall.
The digital town hall will be hosted by officers from the Consulate at this address: https://statedept.connectsolutions.com/chennai
To log in to the event click on the link above. Please log in as a guest, enter your name and click “Enter Room.” This should allow you to enter the Web-Chat. We encourage you to log-in and submit your questions in the Q & A pod, either in advance or during the chat session, so we can address as many questions as possible.
Please mark the date and time on your calendars: Wednesday, February 22 , 16:00-16:45.
We look forward to interacting with you through this web-chat event.
Updated information on travel and security may be obtained from the Department of State by calling 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or, for callers outside the United States and Canada, a regular toll line at 1-202-501-4444. For further information, please consult the Worldwide Caution and other consular information, including Country Specific Information, for specific countries. These products and the latest international travel information for U.S. citizens are available on the Bureau of Consular Affairs website. Follow us on Twitter and the Bureau of Consular Affairs page on Facebook as well. You can also download our free Smart Traveler iPhone app to have travel information at your fingertips.
U.S. citizens with questions or concerns may contact the American Citizens Services Unit of the Embassy or the Consulates General for further information:
- The U.S. Embassy in New Delhi is located at Shanti Path, Chanakya Puri 110021; telephone +91-11-2419-8000; fax +91-11-2419-8587. For after-hours emergencies, please call the 24-hour operator at (+91-11) 2419-8000 and ask for American Citizen Services.
- The U.S. Consulate General in Mumbai (Bombay) is located at C-49, G-Block, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra East, Mumbai 400051
Phone: (22) 2672-4000. For after-hours emergencies, please call the 24-hour operator at (+91-22) 2672-4000 and ask for American Citizens Services. If you are calling from within India, but outside Mumbai, first dial 022.
- The U.S. Consulate General in Chennai (Madras) is at 220 Anna Salai, Gemini Circle, 600006, telephone +91-44-2857-4000; fax +91-44-2811-2027. For after-hours emergencies, please call the 24-hour operator at (+91-44) 2857-4000 and ask for American Citizen Services. If you are calling from within India, but outside Chennai, first dial 044-.
- The U.S. Consulate General in Kolkata (Calcutta) is at 5/1 Ho Chi Minh Sarani, 700071; telephone +91-33-3984-2400; fax +91-33-2282-2335. For after-hours emergencies, please call our primary hotline cell phone (91) 99030 42956. If unable to reach the cell phone, please call (91) (33) 3984-2400 and dial "0" and ask for the Duty Officer.
- The U.S. Consulate General in Hyderabad is at Paigah Palace, 1-8-323, Chiran Fort Lane, Begumpet, Secunderabad 500 003; telephone: +91 (40) 4033-8300. For after-hours emergencies, please call the 24-hour operator at (+91-40) 4033-8300 and ask for American Citizen Services. If you are calling from within India, but outside Hyderabad, first dial 040-.
American Citizen Services
Have you registered and requested an absentee ballot to vote this year?
Go to the website of the Federal Voting Assistance Program at http://www.fvap.gov for online registration and absentee ballot request assistance.
Have a voting question? Contact us at VoteChennai@state.gov